It is the aim of all leaders, managers and governors at St Mary's & St Peter's Catholic Primary School to create a culture of vigilance where our children’s welfare is promoted and where timely and appropriate safeguarding action is taken if needed.
To enable us to ensure Safeguarding relates to all aspects of life we regularly review all aspects of Safeguarding within school.
Whole staff updated training March 2020
Mrs Louise Haywood is the Lead Designated Child Protection Officer for School. We have 2 other Designated Child Protection Officers who have regular refresher training - Mrs Michelle Khambhaita (Head teacher) and Mrs Julie Lovick (Assistant Head/EYFS&KS1 Lead)
Whole Staff training happens every 2 years (last training March 2021) Refresher training happens at the beginning of an academic year and termly after that.
FGM (Femail Genital Mutilation)
All staff have received training on this (Spring term 2020)
Team Teach (use of reasonable force)
We have staff who have been Team Teach trained
We a have staff trained in First Aid, including Paediatric First Aid, in all key stages. Members of our lunchtime staff are also trained
As part of St. Mary's and St. Peter's commitment to safeguarding and child protection we fully support the government's Prevent Duty, and take guidance from Teaching Approaches to help build resilience to extremism.
What is the Prevent Duty?
The Prevent Duty is a government strategy designed to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. It:
- responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views
- provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- works with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health)
Policies related to Safeguarding:
- Safeguarding & Child Protection policy
- Medical Conditions policy
- Intimate Care policy
- E-safety policy
- Online Safety policy
- Anti-Bullying policy
- (SRE) Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Policy
- Working together to Safeguard Children
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused
- Information Sharing: Advice for practitioners providing safeguarding services to children, young people, parents & carers