PE and Sports Premium
The vision from PE and Sports Premium is that all pupils should leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of P.E and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of P.E and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
When reporting schools must include:
- how much P.E and sport premium funding you received for this academic year
- a full breakdown of how you've spent or will spend the funding this year
- the effect of the premium on pupils' PE and sport participation and attainment
- how you will make sure these improvements are sustainable
2019 - 2020