What is the PE/Sports Funding Grant?
- The Government has been spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the last few academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016, 2016 to 2017 and 2017 to 2018. The money has been, and will be, directly allocated to schools.
How can a school spend this grant?
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons.
- support and involve the least active children by running by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs.
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers.
- run sports activities with other schools.
How much did St. Mary's and St. Peter's Catholic Primary School receive?
- 2015 - 2016 - Grant received was £8610
- 2016 - 2017 - Grant received was £8880
- 2017 - 2018 - Grant received is £8880
How has St. Mary's and St. Peter's spent this money? Please click on the links below.
2015 - 2016
2016 - 2017
2017 - 2018